Protection patterns that are familiar, yet mostly unconscious, help us stay safe but are unable to respond in new ways to the demands of growing-up and facing the challenges of life.
The simple theory and process of Voice Dialogue creates a lived experience of your whole self and gets to the root of these automatic protective patterns. Voice Dialogue allows participants to access these parts of themselves in revealing, therapeutic, and uniquely enlightening ways. This experiential non-pathological process empowers clients to honor both conscious and unconscious aspects of themselves to make room for new vital energies. Voice Dialogue is deeply accepting and respectful of the client’s experience.
The Voice Dialogue perspective will add insight and creativity to all types of therapy.
This webinar will include didactics, demonstration, experiential dyads and group debriefing.
- Introduction to the Psychology of Selves: How the psyche functions to protect vulnerability
- Demonstration of a Voice Dialogue Session
- Experiential Practice of Voice Dialogue by participants in dyads
- Fine Points of Facilitating a session with emphasis on deciding
- What sub-personality to facilitate
- How to interview a sub-personality
- How to end a session with an emphasis on creating an aware center capable of making real choices
- Questions and implications for future work